The decision to have plastic surgery is a personal one that will have a significant impact on your life. It should not be made without serious consideration. In order to effectively make the right choices for yourself, there are some specific questions you should obtain answers to prior to making any decisions. Dr. Richard L. Kofkoff and the rest of our St. Louis, Missouri plastic surgery team believe in making sure all of our patients are sufficiently informed about their desired procedures before moving forward.
As with any surgical procedure, you are entitled to know the background of your surgical team, their qualifications, and the facility in which they will perform your procedure. The decision to undergo plastic surgery will affect the rest of your life. Be sure you are well informed and involved in the process. To learn more about our practice or specific procedures and questions, please feel free to contact Richard L. Kofkoff, M.D., P.C. today to schedule a consultation.
Questions about Your Surgeon
Before choosing a plastic surgeon, you owe it to yourself to thoroughly investigate their skills and background. Any qualified plastic surgeon should be more than willing to answer all of your questions and tell you about themselves and their practice. Some questions you should ask your prospective surgeon include:
- Where did you go to medical school?
- Where did you study plastic surgery as a specialty and for how long?
- How long have you been practicing?
- Are you board certified?
- What facilities do you operate in? Are you affiliated with any major hospitals or medical centers?
- What do you do to continue your education and training in plastic surgery?
- What are your standards of ethics and practice?
Your life will be placed in this person's hands. Do not feel intimidated or uncomfortable when asking any of these questions. It is your right to know the answers.
Questions about Plastic Surgery Procedures
You also need to investigate the procedures you are considering. Use your time during the consultation wisely and ask as many questions of Dr. Kofkoff as possible. It is important to us that you are comfortable with us, our practice, and your procedure before anything is scheduled.
Dr. Kofkoff holds communication between doctor and patient in high regard. He works extremely hard to establish an honest and trusting relationship with each and every one of his patients. The more questions you ask, the more informed you will be and the better you can work with Dr. Kofkoff to achieve the best results possible with your individual procedure. Some questions you should ask about the different procedures available to you are:
- What cosmetic surgery procedures will best meet my specific needs?
- What is involved in the procedure?
- What are the expected results of this procedure?
- What will happen during the recovery period and will I need someone to help me?
- What will the procedure cost and what are my financing options ?
- What are the risks involved in my elected procedure?
As a potential plastic surgery patient, you owe it to yourself to be as well informed as possible prior to undergoing any procedure. To obtain answers to these questions or to learn more about Dr. Kofkoff and his St. Louis, Missouri plastic surgery practice, please contact Dr. Richard L. Kofkoff today to schedule a consultation.