Following the rapid loss of significant amounts of weight, many people find that they are left with loose and sagging skin, lumpy fat deposits, and weakened abdominal muscles. Some of these things may, with time and great effort, may improve. However, in many cases, these issues never fully resolve, serving instead to obscure the results of your weight loss efforts.If you are unhappy with the appearance of your body following significant weight loss, please contact Richard L. Kofkoff, MD, PC online or by calling our Missouri plastic surgery center at (636) 532-1717to schedule your body contouring consultation.
Post Weight Loss Procedures
Depending on your specific needs, Dr. Kofkoff may recommend post weight loss body contouring procedures including:
- Liposuction to remove stubborn deposits of fat from targeted areas of the body
- Tummy tuck to tighten abdominal muscles, eliminate stretch marks, and remove loose skin around the midsection
- Back lift to remove loose tissue of the upper back
- Arm lift to address sagging skin around the biceps
In some instances, Dr. Kofkoff may also recommend a full body lift to produce an overall more balanced and toned appearance. Which procedures can best provide you with the look you deserve will be determined during your surgical consultation.
Breast surgery following weight loss is common for both men and women. For men, the removal of glandular tissue and fat deposits (gynecomastia) produces a more masculine and defined upper body. For women, post bariatric breast surgery may include:
- Reduction of overly large, heavy, or pendulous breast tissue
- Lift of sagging or asymmetrical tissue
- Augmentation to restore volume lost through weight fluctuations
As with all aspects of your post weight loss treatment, Dr. Kofkoff will only recommend those procedures that are suitable for your needs. To schedule your initial body contouring consultation with our board-certified Chesterfield plastic surgeon, please contact us today.